Welcome to the Rotakids page! The Rotakids are made up of children from Years 4, 5 and 6. We work with the Rotary Club of Cowbridge and take part in activities in the local community.
Our current priorities for 2019-2020 are:
- to continue building relationships with Longmeadow Court and Memory Jar Cafe
- to support the Rotary Club in collecting milk bottle tops – we have a special dustbin just outside of school where the milk bottle tops can be placed. The milk bottle top project supports the ‘End Polio Now’ campaign.
- to undertake a litter pick in the local area
We had a very successful year in 208-2019, taking part in the following activities:
- we visited ‘Longmeadow Court’ retirement complex and sang to the residents, talked to them and showed them our books
- we organised an Easter Egg Hunt for the infant children around the school grounds. This was great fun and we made different clues for the children to answer. The Rotary Club of Cowbridge kindly supplied us with Easter Eggs to give to all the children in the Foundation Phase.
- we visited Ramoth Church for a Memory Jar Café event (Dementia Friendly Cowbridge), where we shared our books and talked about everything that we had been learning
- we have helped organise and collect the ‘Shoe Boxes’ that were donated for the Rotary Shoe box Scheme.